Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine Pretzel Rods

This week is my Pinterest party. It sounds so official, doesnt it? To be honest, it's just a fancy term for craft morning. Regardless of the name, I'll make an excuse to scour Pinterest for hours. And finally make some of those pins.

Maybe you remember the Pinterest party from my Deployment Bucket List. You can click here to see the entire list. I created it to help distract myself from the deployment. The list has turned out to be a blessing. I've had a great month and we just celebrated our halfway mark. Yay! Yay! AND Yay again!

Today I made Valentine Pretzel Rods. One of the simplest and most kid friendly goodies I can think of. Decorated pretzels are my go-to treat for every occasion. I've included the recipe below.

Valentine Pretzel Rods




24 pretzel rods
1 package of milk chocolate chips
Decorating candies

Melt chips in microwave for 25 second intervals stirring thoroughly after each time. Chips should melt after 1 minute and 15 seconds or 3 intervals. Stir chocolate before dipping pretzels. Cover pretzels and tap excess chocolate off against side of glass. Let set on parchment covered cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with decorating candies. Let chocolate/candy covered pretzels set for minimum of two hours.

Easy stuff! Think of all the places you can bring these treats. Bake sales, teacher's luncheons, potlucks, or housewarmings. A few dollars, a half hour, and minimal mess. You're on the way to super mom status.


The Pinterest party couldn't be more perfectly timed. My Get Real challenge is all about exiting my comfort zone. Hosting parties is definitely out of my comfort zone. I will meet you for coffee or lunch any day of the week. I will come to your house to chat over a glass of wine. But I cringe inside thinking about entertaining you in my home. I feel like I am the worst hostess. As a Christian, I default to hospitality is 'not one of my spiritual gifts'. Whatever the reason, hosting is not something I do with ease. 

With my revelation, doesn't the party make for an interesting week?!?
Nicole




Linking up with: Chef In Training

4 comments:

  1. Yay for hitting the halfway point of deployment! Your on the downhill now! And yum - those pretzels look great. We're going to a Valentine's party next week, and I think this is what I'll be taking. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are heading downhill. Lately it feels like we are picking up speed too! I'm happy to hear this post was a benefit to you. They really are easy and look so pretty!

      Delete
  2. I love these! I think I will need to make them for a Valentine gift for my sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete