Monday, June 2, 2014

StitchFix June 2014

Oh Stitchfix, how I love thee! You have eliminated my woahs of dressing room frustration and my matchy-matchy wardrobe from tried and true mall stores. Truth be told, I have all but stopped the mall store shopping. Ann Taylor Loft should be so jealous. All for the love of a personal stylist scouring the racks for five perfect items to be delivered to my doorstep whenever I decide. I feel so fancy!

Let me tell you ladies, this month Stitchfix hit it out of the ball park. I have been won me over with how great this personal stylist service really is! My first two fixes didn't live up to my expectations. But, I didn't want to give up. And perhaps, my last StitchFix post was more of a vent about such feelings. You can imagine my surprise when I received a personal email from someone in the online marketing department addressing some of the complaints or sarcastic remarks in my post. This person was very encouraging and helpful by providing tips on how to create a better Fix. 

Here are the two tips which contributed to my improved Stitchfix experience:

#1 Be honest. Don't sugar coat what you don't like. Be very straight forward about what you want or don't want. After receiving the email, I went into my style profile to make changes. I left a note for any future stylist regarding trends, styles, and colors I am currently loving.

#2 Link a specific Pinterest board for Stitchfix. Previously, I had linked my Style board. My style board is massive. I have pinned a wide array of styles, colors, and patterns found on the internet. I'm pretty sure it would overwhelm the most talented stylist. I decided to create a Stitchfix board. The board is specifically pins from Stitchfix reviews and others' Stitchfix Pinterest boards. I sprinkled in some non-Stitchfix fashion pins to stay true to my personal style. Having variety also gives my Stitchfix stylist the chance to do her job by using her fashion expertise to find pieces just for me.

My June 2014 StitchFix experience was refreshing and proved how ideal this service is for me! Now for the best part... the clothes!







I was so happy to see my stylist, Jennifer, had sent the UnderSkies Jasmine Pleat Detail Floral blouse. Yes, it was pinned to my StitchFix board. However, it also was a work appropriate top and great for our hot desert climate. Both requests I had made in my style profile. Bonus: It fit perfectly! I've already worn it more times than I'm proud to say. The Pink Martini Joshua colored ankle jeans were the perfect color. Cobalt blue was a color I had shared I loved. Jennifer is amazing. Obviously, she is detail oriented and puts a lot of thought into her work. Ok... I really just want to give her a big hug! Sadly, the pants did not fit. They were cut really low on me, like barely covered my bottom low. I tried to justify keeping them by vowing to wear the pants only when I would be standing and not sitting. Which is like never. I knew my only choice was to send them back. But aren't they pretty? The Baggu canvas bag was a keeper as well. Between my teenage daughter and I, the bag will be used 24/7. I have a feeling I will never see it again after taking this picture. Teen daughters are a sneaky bunch!



This gem is also a keeper. Another pin from the Pinterest board but I had no idea how amazing the 41Hawthorn Colorblock A-Line ponte dress would be. It is so flattering--the cut, the colors, the material. Plus, it's red, white, and blue. What Marine wife could send back such a patriotic dress? Not this girl! 




Baggu Melanie Canvas Bag.


My fifth piece was this Papermoon Remmie Multi-Color Chevron Print Maxi Skirt. It was a great fit. However, I chose to send it back. I prefer brighter colors. My choice was only a matter of personal preference because this really was a great skirt. Jennifer still rocks the StitchFix!


If you are considering StitchFix, here is a referral code to get you started:

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3404545

If you have tried StitchFix and haven't had the best experiences, I would encourage you to try again. Maybe consider the tips I've shared. It made a world of difference for me! 

And if you love StitchFix as much as this girl, leave me a link to check out your latest finds! I love to share the Stitchfix love!
Nicole
Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin // 

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Oh miss stitch fix, I had to stop it cause I have quite the baby belly going on. You look so good in the first two outfits! I'm happy you kept them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous because you have such amazing taste! Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm checking the website out now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that navy dress! I'm going to have to do this for myself after the baby is born. I would love to shop, but I don't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you got! I keep saying I'm going to sign up but never do. Maybe I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous! Definitely military wife style! I love seeing everyone's stich fixes! Such a neat site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those first two outfits! You are getting pretty close to convincing me to try this out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that red, white, and blue dress! Such an amazing find!!
    -Marley
    http://www.afandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you got some pretty amazing items this month! I think my favorite is the dress - it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red white and blue dress! So perfect for a summer BBQ!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get over how gorgeous that dress is! I tried StitchFix once but didn't have much luck with it. This makes me want to try it again, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of those look fabulous on you! I love those cobalt pants but I'm proud of you for not keeping them if you didn't love the fit. I have convinced myself so many times that something would be ok but you just end up not wearing it. Looks like your stylist really understands what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yours is the third ponte dress I've seen in a fix! The color block looks fantastic on you! I think I'm going to request a ponte dress in my next fix.

    ReplyDelete