Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014.




We made it! We successfully and safely welcomed a new year. Last night we had big plans to ring in the new year with our friends' families. Before leaving the house Zac informed me he wasn't feeling well. Sure enough he had a fever. Off came the sparkly sweater and pumps and on came the sweatshirt and pajama bottoms. It was a valiant effort. Maybe next year!



Not before I snapped some WIWW headless selfies. So it wasn't a complete waste!

The beginning of a new year always brings out the optimist in me. A new year is full of possibilities and hope. New beginnings. Renewed commitments. All things good. I'm excited! Are you excited?
I am a chronic new year resolution maker. I may fail at every single one. But I have no problem with trying. I usually create a long list of the must do's and by the spring I am not carrying through with a one. Oh well. I learned a valuable lesson in 2013... stop making long lists. A long list is a guaranteed failure for me.

This year I have three resolutions. In 2014, I resolve to:

* Focus on leading a healthier lifestyle
* Paying off our debt
* More adventures

These are biggies but things that have been on my mind for quite some time. I have already made a head start on the top two. This year I turn 35. Wow. I have no desire to compete (physically) with those who are younger than me. I just want to make sure I am doing what I can to be healthy. Starbucks lattes and excessive computer time are not helping. In regards to debt, I think it would be really cool to pay off our car loan and possibly my student loans this year. It won't happen without a little sacrifice but it would be so awesome. More adventures are pretty self explanatory.

One more short term goal I'm looking forward to is the Fashion 30. Something I forced myself to do in January 2013. I took a clothes shopping hiatus for 30 days to test the limits of my wardrobe. Not only did I learn how large my wardrobe is but I learned what drives my shopping habit. Not the most pleasant lesson. Last year's Fashion 30 project completely changed the way I shop. This year I'm looking for less life lesson and more creativity. I can't wait to see how that turns out!


Nicole
Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin //
Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Love your goals! I've always done one "big" goal and always seem to fail, so this year I actually made a list. Broke it down into yearly/monthly/daily things ... but they are all specific, so I'm hoping that will help me stay accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your NYE didn't turn out as expected, but PJ nights are always good.

    Good look in your goals.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to your fam! I'm looking forward to another fun year of reading about your shenanigans!!!

    And we were all sick too last night...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone feels better. PJ nights are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have killed to spend last night in pajamas. LOL! Hope everyone is feeling well today. Have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ days are awesome.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit. And you had me dying when you said headless selfie...I do those too, I never know what to do with my face...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Hope everyone is healthy by now. We had some sort of cold/congestion bug going around here for about a week too.

    ReplyDelete