Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In the Kitchen: Buffalo Popcorn


Another popcorn recipe? You ask. I feel a theme coming on! I can't help it because Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks to serve the kids. It's healthy. It's easy. It's cheap. However, popcorn can also be boring. I am looking for ways to keep popcorn appealing to my kids. I hope you will enjoy this new recipe. My daughter loved it!

Buffalo Popcorn (Adapted from Everyday with Rachel Ray, October 2012)

12 cups popped popcorn (approximately 2/3 cup of popcorn kernels)
4 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 Tablespoon honey
salt

Air pop 2/3 cup of popcorn kernels. Salt popcorn to taste. Melt butter in saucepan. Add hot sauce and honey to melted butter. Stir. Remove from heat. Drizzle popcorn with flavored butter and stir to coat.  

My overal opinion is...skip it. Unless you really like popcorn :) My kids love it!

Nicole
Linking up at Chef In Training

No comments:

Post a Comment