Monday, May 22, 2017

Low Key Weekend



Is it perfectly normal to feel like you shouldn't write a blog post when you have nothing exciting to share? That is how I felt this morning. My commitment to post new content every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday had me feeling pressured though. I've kept to my goal but today I felt like who wants to know about our boring weekend? Well, it's Monday, and I'm writing about the low key uneventful weekend stuff because there is nothing wrong with relaxing on your two free days.

Friday was my favorite because everyone was home and we had a bonfire. It is getting increasingly harder to get everyone in the same place at the same time with these crazy teenage schedules. Of course, there were smores. It's the only reason for fire. I tried to start some campfire singing. Didn't work. We attempted a short lived rap battle which equates to trying to rhyme and make sense for as long as you can. I lose everytime. My husband does surprising well. It's very difficult and pretty funny/ embarassing. There was also fighting because #teenagers. One accidentally ran into the others marshmallow and it's his fault. Then the littlest made a snarky comment so the oldest got mad. Welcome to the circus!

Saturday was a lazy day. We ended our lazy night with a walk around our park located on the intercostal waterway. The boys played Pokemon Go and the adults found a bench to people watch. The four of us made a visit to the our daughter's workplace. This means we had ice cream and played in the arcade. That girl has the best summer job ever! 

Sunday was equally lazy. I did some work with my Little Free Library and tried to find a new book. I'm torn between Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng or My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman. I'm seriously torn! Have you read either? My husband is reading trucking his way through his second book this year. Hurray for him :) To cap off the night, I took my daily walk around the neighborhood. 

This past weekend, I have spent a lot of time thinking about life in North Carolina. It hit me I have one year left before we move on. Given my struggle to acclimate, I'm happy about it. However, given my desire to acclimate I want to make this next year worthwhile. I really want to commit to making this next year the best it can be. So, I'm working on it :) Send me your positive thoughts! 

I hope this week is a good one! We've got a holiday coming up which means fun in the sun! Unless, you are going to be under this damn storm headed east :( I'm watching it closely because I've got plans!!

Follow Along:

4 comments:

  1. What a great summer gig for your daughter! And how fun that you can go and visit :) Your Friday by the fire sounds perfect, too. S'mores just scream summer to me!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about not wanting to post anything when you feel like your weekend is boring, but your weekend sounds awesome to me! I love that y'all had a bonfire and made smores! Definitely the best part about summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun summer job for her!! :) I would be loving that as well. :) You can never go wrong with s'mores, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole! Those shredded beef tacos were SO good! I made them yesterday as my first Instant Pot meal, and they were insane! I'm super craving a s'more now!

    ReplyDelete