Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Local's Guide To The Best Temecula Wineries




Today I am talking about wine. This post has been tucked away in my draft folder for a very long time. Like most drafts, eventually you have to pull the cord and delete or publish. I thought why not publish this post today

If I had a magic lamp, I would be on a plane right now headed for Italy or Napa for a nice little wine getaway. A cute little bed and breakfast, artisan food, cozy reading knooks, and wine! One of these days in the distant future, you will see me in my big sunglasses and floppy hat strolling through the streets of Italy with a glass of wine in my hand. I hope that's not illegal there :( Until all the stars align and my amazing children are grown and self-supporting, I am going to stick to local wine areas that are just as tasty. Temecula being one of them.  We were lucky enough to call Temecula home for a few years and took full advantage of the wineries. We went on day dates, celebrated birthdays, took a girls' day, had a blogger meet up, took mini-photo sessions, and just about everything in between at the wineries. Ok...now we sound like we have a problem...but really it's about the ambiance, food, and the gorgeous California sun...and then the wine :)


One of many day dates the Marine husband.



San Diego Military Blogger Meetup (we always had so much fun). More Meetups here and here.
There is only one in this picture still in San Diego area.
Military life, I tell you. But we are all still connected in some way :)


Girls day at Stella and Dot trunk show (Wilson Creek Winery)


Family pictures at Thorton Winery

Book club at Mount Palomar Winery

We had a good ole time. I thought today I would share this post with readers in the San Diego and Riverside area, who want to spend the day drinking good wine with good atmosphere. I hope you find this blog post helpful. If so, leave a comment or send me a message. I will be so happy to know someone is enjoying some fabulous wine and scenery!

Here are the top five Temecula wineries worthy of your time including a link to a more picture filled post:



Family owned with some of the best wine in Temecula. We always appreciated Wiens was not as busy as some of the others. The rumor was Wiens did not accept the big wine tour buses catering to the smaller group. When you are a local, this is important.



#2 South Coast Winery


South Coast Winery consistently has the best wine. In fact, we still have quarterly shipments sent to us in North Carolina. This is the only wine we do this with. You would understand the depth of our love if you saw 
the shipping rate!!



Best hidden gem. The Cabernet Sauvignon is the best. The restaurant is so good. This is probably top two or three on my rankings. When you click on the link you will see more of what I love.



This one makes the list for the chardonnay and the fire pits. 
I'm confident that is all you need in life.



Vindemia Winery was one of the last wineries we visited before our move. 
Literally, a serving bar and some umbrellas next to fields of grapes. 
The wine spoke for itself and you definitely got first class service.

If you would like to know more, click on the name of each winery for link to more information and photos. 


Follow Along:
Instagram // Bloglovin // Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. California really does have some amazing wineries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a crying shame my husband and I don't drink being out here in CA with all these wineries. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete