Monday, October 17, 2016

Snakes Galore

I swear the things we do for our kids! Last week the kids were out of school every day due to flooding post-Matthew. By Thursday, I suggested we leave the house and do something fun. My thoughts: a museum and a healthy cafe lunch. Their thoughts: a serpentarium (aka snake house). They've been bugging me about the snake house for months. So, I caved.


Clearly they were happy with my caving :)


The official name of this place is not the snake house; even though, it should be.
It is the Cape Fear Serpentarium in Wilmington, North Carolina.


The serpentarium is a two story building is full of snakes, lizards, and alligators. 
Highly venomous, man-eating snakes the size of me!
Ok, I'm exaggerating. They don't eat men.


Monitor Lizard


I believe this is an Emerald Tree Boa. 
Do not fear. He is not poisonous but he will bite you. 
So, if you're ever walking in a rain forest...in the Amazon...be careful!



This guy is every reason I never want to travel to China.
The Mang Mountain Viper.



Big alligator. Small cage. Sad face.


My kids thought the serpentarium was the greatest place.
They love weird stuff.


What's a snake house without a irritable squawky parrot?

2 comments:

  1. So fun!!! I'm all about snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Military Husband would never go there lol! He's terrified of snakes!

    ReplyDelete