Friday, November 30, 2012

The Story of a Fluke

Hello! My name is Nicole. Welcome to my blog. Did you stop by from Pinterest or the Today Show? You did? Then you are probably looking for this.


Her name is Kirsty. She blogs at http://luciakjewelry.blogspot.com/ AND she has amazing style. I could pin all her outfits. I do pin many of her outfits on my Pinterest Style board. (You can follow my style board HERE.) Kirsty also creates beautiful jewelry. And she is so humble. How do I know this? Because she came here to thank me for the pin. This pin. The pin that landed her on the Today Show Style pinboard. Next to Kate Middleton may I add. I love the traffic the pin has created for my little military-spouse-mommy blog. However, my good conscience could not continue without a little re-direction for others looking for some great style ideas.

For those, sticking around let me share the condensed version of this little fluke.

Once upon a time (in October), I linked up to What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy. I read through hundreds of posts and came across the above pic. I don't pin much from personal fashion blogs but this one I wanted to replicate. There is no denying it's a great look. I could totally pull this off. You could pull this off. Kirsty will probably do it best. It is a classic comfy style. Weeks later, I linked up for Oh How Pinteresting with The Vintage Apple. I blogged a Preparatory Thanksgiving post. Great food, great atmosphere, and great fashion (i.e photo above). If you want to read Preparing for Thanksgiving {Pinterest Style}, then click HERE.

And after the blog post, the picture went viral. Obviously. Thank you Pinterest. You are the love of my life when my husband is deployed. Thank you Today Show Style pinner for inadvertently exposing this gal and her blog to the world. It has added a joy to an otherwise challenging week. And doesn't that keep everything in perspective?

My friends, that is the story of a fluke. Just a girl who loves Pinterest with some time on her hands.

Nicole

13 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw Kirsty post is was from Ruche.com. But it was from last season, so it is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that this fluke introduced the two of us! thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That *is* a great, classic look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fluke is one of the top brand among all the Multimeters reviewed by an electrical engineer. He also told us that there are many other types of multimeters that being used in the maket but one of the top is Best Fluke Multimeter. However some people think that it is costly but It has also accurate and best results.
    For more info
    Best Fluke Multimeter

    ReplyDelete
  7. With help of an electronics technician who used Multimeter to check my system and now I am able to run my pc but still issue running this game
    for more information for about Multimeter For Electronics
    Best Multimeter for electronics

    ReplyDelete