Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stitchfix #2

Have you heard of this little box thing called StitchFix? It's seems to be everywhere these days. I decided earlier in the year I was going to give StitchFix a try. I love clothes but I find I shop the same styles in different colors. Boring. I decided to get a little help from the stylists at Stichfix.  For a small $20 fee, the company will get you a box of five selected items delivered to your doorstep.  I'm not sure who these styling fashionistas are or where they live, but I am all about letting them update my wardrobe!

With much anticipation, I received my first StitchFix box in February. I was pleasantly surprised by the items picked but disappointed the sizes were just a tad off. I kept one slightly large item and sent the other four items back. It was a fashion fail in my book. But I still had hope in the process, I signed up for another StitchFix in April. With the same anticipation, I received my second fix today. However, there wasn't a lot of pleasant feelings after I opened the box. I couldn't visualize the items actually working for me. But I decided to give the pieces and my stylist the benefit of the doubt and follow the styling instruction provided by my personal stylist Sarah. It seems only fair that I follow the styling card instructions for each item before deciding whether to keep or return. Fair enough, right?

First, the 41Hawthorn Sugar Dot Print Fit & Flare Dress. My first reaction was no. However, once the dress was styled according to the card I was a little more interested. The first style was business casual: dress paired with cardigan or blazer, statement necklace, and flats. Not something I would normally put together but I like it!


The second look was for date night. Replace flats with heels. Lose the cardigan. Add more jewelry.

Wow Sarah! You're one smart girl! Keeping this dress.

With a little more optimism I moved on to the Kut From The Kloth Analise Solid Pocket Front Button-Down Shirt. At first glance, the shirt annoyed me. It seemed too old for me. But Sarah impressed me once, I had great faith she could do it again.

The styling card showed the camp shirt, rolled denim, flip flops, and chunky gold necklace. Yes, the outfit is ok but honestly I could put this outfit together any day... and then gift it to my mom. Not a win in my book.


Second style: green shirt, skirt, and pink necklace. Not quite what the styling card showed but same concept. Thumbs down.


One more try just to make triple sure this shirt was not a keeper.
Nope! Sending it back.

Number 3. Renee C Emi Marled Knit Short Sleeve Top. At first sight, hated it. But I just kept right on styling. The style card showed colored denim and coordinating scarf.


Pleasantly surprised again! However, this is the only thing I would where this shirt with. I'm looking for a little more versatility in my wardrobe. Sending it back.


Sarah put in a little note which said wear all of this together. I'm not sure if she was serious or trying to fill a 8 sentence paragraph requirement. What do you think? Brown, black, and white. Neutral overload?

Next Sanctuary Rizzo Skinny Ponte Pants. Love them to no end! I could pair them with just about everything in my wardrobe. The styling card said long sleeve white top and pumps.



And an oversize sweater, colored tank, and brown ankle boots for the second look.
Yes and yes.

But my good sense says no. See I already have a very similar pair of pants from Old Navy. 


Can you tell the difference? 
Sarah... send me the same pants in any other color and they are mine! In fact, next month send the entire box filled with those ponte pants. I won't mind!

 My very last item is this cute 41Hawthorn Stacey Lightweight Leopard Pint Infinity Scarf. I haven't decided whether to keep or return this one. #firstworldproblems I tell ya!



What do you think? What should stay and what should go?
Have you tried StitchFix? Is it something you would recommend?

Interested in giving StitchFix a try? Here is a referral code:

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3404545

Nicole

8 comments:

  1. I love the dress, Renee top, pants, and scarf. I actually really like the Renee top both ways you styled it. In the past, I would have never mixed black with brown, but I love it now. Very modern and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically agree with you on it all. That first dress is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! I would buy it wear it both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is cute but I am with you on returning the green shirt and the pant- there wasn't too much difference in the pictures between them and your ON ones. I love the scarf~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the exact same thing as you - I find one thing I like and buy it in 5 colors haha! I especially love that third piece with the red denim and beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try something like this for a while. I really like all the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like everything you got! The green top looks best in the top picture. All of the other stuff looks great no matter how your styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! I've heard of StitchFix and have a couple other friends using them too. How is the pricing of the pieces they send? Do you give them a price range that you want or do they just send anything?

    ReplyDelete