Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer Bucket List 2013: The epic fail

Summer is over. School is back in session. Schedules have taken the place of lazy summer days. While basking in the absolute quiet and stillness of my house, I started thinking about the Summer Bucket List. The list of adventures our Semper Fi Family planned for Summer 2013. It took me about 2.3 seconds to realize the list was an epic fail, like a total waste of memory on this blog. I believe we crossed off three adventures in the entire two months the kids were off. So sad.

What did we do with our time? Besides watch countless hours of Disney reruns. We managed to Ride Our Bikes To The Store. The kids loved that one! And we managed to Pick Strawberries which was supposed to be blueberries but we missed the season. We managed a Back To School shopping trip. My daughter wouldn't let me overlook that bucket list "adventure".

We fit in a Summer BBQ for my husband's Gunny Sergeant Wet Down. This is all I have to show for it. Even though I promised a whole blog post. Sorry.



The boys and I had a backyard picnic when Ky was in DC. Not extravagant but there was Shasta. And what is a summer picnic without Shasta? Technically, a picnic would make four completed summer bucket list items.


Then there were things not on the original bucket list but we did them anyways.

Like Hiking a trail we've already hiked before...in lieu of Hiking a New Trail.


And checking out the local splash pad.


We even did a little fishing...



And hit up California's Largest Water Park. 


Someone in our house turned 13...and we had this crazy Instagram Scavenger Hunt party.





Maybe the summer wasn't a total loss. We just got a little sidetracked.
We are officially retiring the 2013 Summer Bucket List.
Better luck next year!

Nicole
If you enjoy reading this blog, please vote at the link below.
Adventures of a Semper Fi Family

http://voiceboks.com/top-50-military-mom-blogs-of-2013/

Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Our bucket list was a major fail, too! Summer here started out looking like we could get a lot crossed off, and then it rained for 3 weeks straight, and wound up getting so hot and humid you couldn't go outside! Such a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still looks like you did lots of fun stuff! I didn't get to nearly do as many of the things I wanted, but at least there is always next summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it sad that I like bouncy houses just as much as kids do?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did much better on your list than I did on mine! And even if you failed at the list, you still got a ton done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... I think that you revised that bucket list throughout the summer. It sounds like you had a pretty wonderful summer. The kids, my husband & I all made a 5 item bucket list for the summer. I'm not sure how many items were crossed off. Mine were all pretty simple & cheap. I think that we only completed 2. It was still good. We enjoyed time as a family & are now in the last few days before school starts. Think back to the many wonderful times that you have shared this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh... Who follows bucket lists anyways, right? Sounds like y'all had a great summer anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, I don't. I thought I was setting myself up for success with fewer things. Next year, I'm only putting a few things on the list.

      Delete