Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hello Betty Fish House

Last weekend we stumbled upon Hello Betty Fish House in Oceanside. Oceanside doesn't have a reputation for trendy restaurants and tourist attractions but lately you can see something is changing in the city. In the past Oceanside has gotten a bad wrap for being kind of slummy among San Diego County coastal towns. Carlsbad, Del Mar, Cardiff have all marketed cute and quaint as fas as beach cities go. But recently I've noticed Oceanside is stepping it up a notch. New restaraunts, store fronts, city sponsored family events are starting to surface.

I don't typically find a restaraunt blogworthy but Hello Betty Fish House is an exception. Not so much for the food but the atmosphere. Total beach hangout! Just a block away from the ocean & pier, the panoramics from the open-air balcony are worthy of a lunch date. Order the grilled tacos and a margarita on the rocks. They don't serve blended and the frozen grapefruit drink isn't worth the $9. I promise.




















Nicole
Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin //

Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

3 comments:

  1. I love Oceanside, my Mom loved it so much there. Ruby's was always our go-to restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little spot! The food looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never a big fan of Oceanside after being stationed at Miramar for my first duty station and then going on recruiting duty in South Orange county, but I'm glad to see they're making an effort to "fix their image"!

    ReplyDelete