Friday, July 26, 2013

Insta-Adventures: Semper Fi Family Fun

In the land of blogging, pictures are always great content for a post. When short on time or energy ...always always turn to Instagram. I find it's the perfect social media site for keeping track of all our Semper Fi Family adventures!  I've made a goal to document at least one picture a day using the hashtag #semperfifamsummerbreak. Next month, I plan to make a photo book dedicated to our summer adventures. I can't wait to see them all in print!

Now let me share a little of what this Semper Fi Family has been up to this week!

Last weekend was the annual Military Picnic at our church- North Coast Church. We love our church. They do cool things like this. Father and daughter joined forces with another father/son duo to play water balloon volleyball. 



They dominated! Which means they end up 'on stage' with a microphone. *giggle giggle* Two introverts talking into a microphone in front of hundred or more people. Eek!

Gift cards always make it worthwhile. And ice cream.



We were party animals on Saturday. We went from the picnic to our friend's birthday party.
Where there was wine. And if you knew me in real life. After I have a glass of wine or two. I start to get a little silly. And before you know it, I think selfies are a great idea.
Random, cloudy, dim lit selfies.
Yeah.


 Ok, I take back everything I just said.
I don't have to be drinking to think selfies are a great idea!
I'm a shameless selfie taker.
There.




 Yesterday, we hit up our local library with the cool chairs? That is how we will now refer to our new library. Honestly, this is how you get kids to read. Seriously... Zac is reading Last of the Mohicans. What 5th grader reads classic lit??? A boy who wants to grab the nearest book and sit in the chair! Score!


Popsicles on a hot summer day. Of course!

But poor little Charlie. Always sitting and waiting for someone to feel sorry for him.

Usually works.


That's all. Check out more Instagram photos of our summer adventures @Semperfifam.

Have a great weekend! 

Nicole
Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin // 

Follow on Bloglovin
Linking up: Life Rearranged, A Night Owl Blog, Mommy Moments

3 comments:

  1. I love that outfit you are wearing, the shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cool chairs!! Gorgeous picture of yourself! Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true...always throw out some pictures! :) Everything looks like fun! And you rock that selfie, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete