Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gratitude Journal

Thank you for stopping by today. I am always thankful and pleasantly surprised by the amount of people who stop over to read today's blog post. It inspires me to keep writing each Sunday even when I'm facing not so happy things. I hope you are encouraged to journal or reflect daily on the good. It's so much better for your heart and mind.

I had the best thing happen to me last night. My husband and I were able to Google chat. The first time in his entire deployment. Instantaneous conversation which lasted more than 5 minutes. I didn't have to share with anyone. Opps! Did I just say that out loud? It was late and the kids were already asleep. No guilt. I am so very thankful for a long uninterrupted conversation.

And because of that long conversation, I am grateful for a late service at church today! I really didn't feel like getting up and ready early this morning. Just being honest.

I am thankful for our sunshine and warm weather. The temperatures climbed up to the 80s this weekend. The forecast says next week will be the same. I'm okay with this temporary change. But I want my colder weather back soon!

I am thankful for a morning hike. I get nervous about hiking with the kids without another adult. So many issues I can create in my mind. However, the good outweighed the bad this weekend. We found a new trail right along the coast. The views were amazing. The ocean was calm. We watched the paddle boarders floating around and seals sunbathing on a distant rock. A good morning and great start to our weekend.

I am thankful for Bible study beginning again. We have a month long break in December. Now we are back together for a few months.

I am thankful for a get-together with the neighborhood ladies. It was a couple of hours at the house down the street but it's nice to get to know some more people. Some days I go without any adult interaction. Sad but true. Meeting a few more people is always a good thing.

Speaking of getting out and about, I am thankful for a coffee date with an old colleague. It makes me feel in the (professional) loop. Something I miss lately.

As always, I am thankful you stopped by today! I hope you have a great day and if you get a holiday tomorrow...enjoy it!

Nicole
What Are You Grateful For?

1 comment:

  1. Nicole I am always so inspired by your gratitude posts... I believe there is much personal power to be had in gratitude. Thank you for the gentle reminder! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete