Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fallbrook Gem & Mineral Museum {Part 2}

It's not your typical play date for 9 year old boys but a rock museum is surprisingly enticing. We ventured over to the Fallbrook Gem & Mineral Museum last week to see what it's all about. The two small rooms are quite impressive. I never knew rocks could be so entertaining. Two hours later, we were pushing the boys out the door.

A few glimpses:




Rocks from around the world.


Some gems I can dig!


Fossils


Glow in the dark rocks?
Say it isn't so!


Am I the only person who didn't know rocks could do this?
Phosphorescence is the name. 


The best part of the museum is the rock garden. 
The gem and mineral cutters throw all their extra pieces here.
Anyone is welcome to sift through the remnants and keep their treasures.
A big attraction for the youngest collectors.

Fallbrook Gem & Mineral Museum
123 W Alvarado St., Fallbrook, CA  92028
Open: Thursday-Saturday 0900-1300


Nicole
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. What a cool museum, I love stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We have a similar minerals/rocks exhibit here on campus at USC. I love the glow in the dark minerals - kids think they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to take a trip to USC campus! My son would love to see another rock exhibit.

      Delete