Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Does PCS Equal Car Trouble?

The sun has set on the first day of our cross country road trip. I admit my perspective has changed considerably now that my shoes are off and I'm in a comfy bed! Day one has been a challenge. Nothing we can't handle; however, it did slow us down. 



I'll make this short with two words...car trouble. So, our day goes...drive along oblivious to bad stuff happening, pull over on side of freeway, leave car, drive 40 miles to the first desert town, buy multiple car parts just to be sure, drive 40 miles back, temporarily fix car, pray, and drive for the next four hours. 


We finally made it to Flagstaff five hours behind "schedule". After settling into our hotel, we found a restaraunt and then crashed. Today we are going to try to find somewhere to get the car checked out. And do a touristy thing in town. We might have to stay an extra day if the car needs some major maintenance. It's ok because Flagstaff is cool! But car troubles are not :/

This little snaffoo is very reminescent of another PCS in 2008. Another driving across the desert, car breaks down, drive miles to the next desert town, and stay an extra night so car can be fixed. I'm not sure if we can blame PCSing or a certain driver in the desert?!? (Haha)





4 comments:

  1. I have been on many a car trip where vehicles broke down. It is never fun! I'm glad you all are making the best of a crummy situation. Fingers crossed for an easy rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm glad it seems to not be a huge thing, at least. I like your attitude about this. :) Good luck with the rest of your drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I hope our cars will be okay. We PCS next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it is nothing major! Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete