Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gratitude Journal

Hello Blog Friends! I made it. I really really didn't know about sharing the gratitude journal this week. Sad but true, I'm not feeling very grateful today. Not that my life is particularly bad, it's just hoe hum. My husband has been away for two weeks and counting. He is due to arrive soon and then we have a couple weeks together before THE DAY. I'm in surprisingly good spirits about it. Nothing I can really do to change it. So I guess I should be grateful I've passed the mopey stage!

Just a little pic from a military party

I am also feeling beyond grateful for school starting tomorrow. It's been a long summer...working from home, taking care of the kids, husband gone most weeks and most hours when home. Can I just say I need a break? Because I do and I don't want to feel guilty about it.

It's an 8am launch tomorrow.
I am grateful for a lazy weekend. I committed to 'not committing' to anything this weekend. I knew there would be last minute prepping for school. All those missed school supplies from the first shopping go round in July when everything was on sale. Why do they do that again? And we definitely needed to slow it down. Plus I knew the kids wouldn't have clothes if I didn't stay home and wash them. Opps!

I am grateful on this lazy weekend we managed to stop at the bookstore and the library. My favorite places to spend time. I seriously can spend hours at either and it just makes me so happy.

I am grateful for Andrea's Made Simple & Sweet nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award. I'll be posting soon the details of the award. I'm sure many can relate to the questions I ask myself, "Is anybody reading?" or "Does my (daily life) story mean something to others?" Sure I write for me but I also write to connect with others. Andrea's nomination let me know people out there do relate to me and my life. I AM grateful for that.

As always thanks for stopping by and reading my Sunday posts. I hope you all have a great new week.





2 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog from WIWW. you look pretty in that midnight blue satin dress. :-) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mindy. Definitely a fun time to get dressed up and celebrate with my husband.

    ReplyDelete