Wednesday, June 6, 2012

In the Kitchen: Lemon Poppyseed Cookies

One of my newest time suckers has been Pinterest. I can spend an hour just clicking through pictures of food, decorated rooms, crafts, and very randomly...manicures. The pathetic part is I'm not even a member, so I don't get to 'pin' things. Which means each time I visit I'm essentially starting from the beginning. I tell myself if I don't get involved then I'm less likely to be consumed. Oh the things I can convince myself to believe.

I have been drooling over these cookies for weeks. The recipe, Lemon Poppyseed Cookies is from Annie's Eats.  I managed enough time on Monday to whip up a batch of these yummy treats. The recipe calls for a kitchen mixer but I don't have one of those. I mixed everything by hand and the cookies were still perfect. They did make cookies before electricity, right?

The true test in this house is how kid-friendly something is. When the odds are 3 to 2 and more often, 3 to 1; the kids rule. My kids loved them! And this is a step away from our standard chocolate chip cookie recipes. The lemon poppyseed cookie is light and crumbly. The powder sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice make a lightly sweetened glaze. However, I would recommend measuring your lemon juice because more than 2 Tbsp. might overpower the sugar. Final Verdict: A perfect coffee time cookie or guilt free dessert.




No comments:

Post a Comment