Friday, June 9, 2017

Things I Love And You Might Too

In our house, we are definitely celebrating TGIF because school is out for the summer! That is my most favorite today! We are all feeling Derrick's vibe and ready to find a comfy spot on the beach.




Although, this morning the kids were looking more like this!  It took some real convincing to get them on the bus for the last day of school. That was not my favorite ;)



Since I have a quiet house for the last day before summer vacation starts, let's talk about favorites!


First up, this coffee, an almond latte from Jubala Village Coffee. I'll never be the same after drinking this smooth sweet drink. I am seriously coffee deprived over here! I can't tell you the last time I enjoyed, like truly appreciated, a cup of coffee or drank from a real cup outside my home (minus the Waffle House ;) Ky and I went to Raleigh for a little shopping trip. And to keep with our commitment to be adventurous and try new things In NC, we searched for a true coffee shop in the city. This was pretty ideal since I am living in the land of convenience coffee. I can't tell you the last time I savored a cup of coffee or drank from a real cup outside my home (minus the waffle house ;) 


Naturally, Jubala Village Coffee in Raleigh, will be another favorite.
Isn't it just the most chill environment?
I love it!


These two and their rekindled relationship is another thing I'm loving this week.
Kyli and Zac have never been very close. Zac has always looked up to his big sister and wanted to be with her; however, as an oldest child Ky wasn't having it. Kyli was more drawn to Derrick because of their similar personalities and probably he was young enough to be a novelty versus sibling rival. As the school year has come to an end these two seem to be gravitating more towards each other. The have similar interests, sense of humor, and pop culture references. Next year they are doing high school life together and I'm really looking forward to seeing how that evolves.

Now let's get to some random favorites this week...


In a previous post, I shared one of my favorite podcasts, The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey. I listen every week and find a lot of encouragement from each episode. However, so week's are even better than others. Episode #144 with Sarah Harmeyer was one worth sharing. This was a total encouragement to find your people, hang with people, and make time for all those things. Sometimes, I find it easier to just go alone or hang with my family. Which is ok but there is still room for friends. I also loved her business, Neighbor's Table, Sarah Harmeyer created to encourage gathering people around. I will let you click over to the link HERE to read for yourself.


Stash Chamomile herbal tea, my drink of choice lately.
Trying to stay away from the coffee as much as I can. 
I find as I get older my tolerance for caffeine and acid is slowly lowering.
I'm loving chamomile tea and Tazo's Wild Sweet Orange tea. 
Both caffeine free :)

Those are all my favorites for the week. It's summer vacation! Let's celebrate!




Linking up with Erika, Nanci, and Andrea

Follow Along:

5 comments:

  1. Yay for your oldest 2 bonding now! My brother and I were in high school together for one year, and we really enjoyed that time- we even had an art class together and worked at the same table! Hope you all have a wonderful start to your summer- we vacationed in Hilton Head for many years growing up, and Carolina summers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your oldest two are getting closer. And I too love the Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey. Happy Summer Break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to the Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey! I always get something out of them and feel uplifted after I have listened. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gravitating toward tea more myself lately, but do still love a good cup of coffee. I can so relate to the dynamics between your kids. Benny was the same way as far as low to no tolerance for Katie but after last year (their first and only year at college together) they have become much closer and it sure does a mama's heart good. HAPPY SUMMER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with all sorts of tea! It's definitely go to during the day.

    ReplyDelete