Friday, July 13, 2012

Confessional Friday #3

Another link up with Leslie at A Blonde Ambition for Confessional Friday.


Last week we vacationed in Florida and along the Gulf Coast. Absolutely loved that part of the country. My husband is ready to transplant from California and he definitely will not be returning to Iowa after his military retirement. I'm not in the least disappointed. However all of the heat & humidity & swimwear has me thinking about some things I need to confess.

I confess...living in a swimsuit last week has me seriously planning my exercise & diet routine to start YESTERDAY! I'm terrible at keeping to a plan but things are starting to fall apart! I'm thinking cleanse, fast, and then regimented healthy diet?!? Any suggestions?

I confess...I am wore my hair au natural all last week because of the insanely high humidity in the South. Such a fashion faux pas in Southern California to wear your hair curly. I felt like such a rebel! Not to mention that I looked like I was in dress rehearsals for The Lion King. Here is the tame version of Nala.


I confess...I am wearing a Carebear shirt in the photo above. It was a gift from my friend in Japan. They love cute American cartoon characters and I adore her. Therefore, I love my shirt!


I confess...I truly believe frying food has been made into a culinary art form in the South. Fried Green Tomatoes, hush puppies, frog legs. Really how can anyone stay thin around here?

I confess...I saw an amardillo for the first time in my entire life. And I'm 33! Such weird little creatures!


I confess...my Apple computer doesn't even recognize the word 'amardillo'. Am I spelling it right?

I confess...now I'm just obsessively thinking about amardillos. Do you know the popular children's character on PBS, Arthur? Was he an amardillo?

I confess...I love Target. And not just love Target like I shop there. But admire the ingenuity of the marketing team because no matter how often I shop there, I can always find more stuff to buy.

I confess...I never find as much cute stuff at Target as I do when I am on vacation. How does this happen? There is only so much room in the suitcase. And the huge wicker basket perfect for storing blankets will not be cheap to mail from Florida to California!

I confess...my husband now gives me a time limit at Target. Unfair I know!

I confess...I did find some pretty awesome and inexpensive hair products at the local Target store. Love the Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping  i.e. frizz prevent-er. It's a gem in this weather. If you have naturally frizzy curly hair...go run to the store and buy some!



I confess...I'm totally bugging that my vacation is over which means deployment starts too soon. AND I am back to work :(

Well enough confessing this week. I think I enjoyed it a little too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment