Thursday, August 21, 2014


A litte over a week ago we brought another little dog home with us. Sunny was our second foster and we couldn't wait to start working with her. She was such a ball of energy at the shelter. Just the happiest little thing. Charlie seemed to approve so we decided to take her home.

It didn't take long for us to realize something wasn't quite right with her. She ended up being a pretty sick pup. Given our family situation right now, I made the executive decision to bring her back to the shelter last night. The kids understand so no tears were shed. I feel the vet/vet techs are more capable of nursing her back to health than we are. I think it was best. On one hand, I feel like we gave up too easily or should have given it a couple more days. On the other, I know my limitations and I don't feel confident enough to judge how well or not well she was doing. Our foster coordinator is taking her under her wing to make sure Sunny gets better. I hope things work out for her. She is such a sweet dog.  We have decided to take a break from fostering. This particular situation was a little taxing. I think we will do much better once the hubby returns and our schedule calms down a little.

Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin // 

Follow on Bloglovin


  1. Poor girl! I hope she is okay.

  2. Poor thing! I hope she gets better soon! I can totally understand your position. That's a lot to take on with your hubby deployed.

  3. I hope she gets better. You tried and that's what matters! I can't wait until we get out new house in December so I can start fostering dogs. It's something I have always wanted to do.

  4. awww...poor girl! I hope she starts feeling better. You have so much on your plate right now, I'm with you on taking a break until your hubby comes home!! That's awesome that y'all get to foster this summer though!

  5. Sending warm thoughts to the pup and your family!

  6. We were recently asked to foster for a local shelter and as much as we would like too, we know our limitations. And nothing in our schedules is consistent enough for the pets we have, it's not fair to bring another one in the mix.

    I hope she's okay and I totally understand how you feel.