Saturday, December 17, 2016

Playing Along With Secret Santa

Tis the season for blogger exchanges. I can't remember the last time I participated in a Secret Santa type gift exchange. The element of surprise adds some fun suspense.  I don' have anything exciting to share so why not share my recent exchange gift from Beyond Bookish? The Secret Santa blogger/Youtuber exchange was hosted by The Broke and The Bookish which means the gifting was books. Exactly what I love to give and receive! 


There is just something very sweet about mail and wrapped gifts for you when it's deployment time. 
Christmas is probably the loneliest holiday during deployment.
Going through the holiday season makes me mindful of those who are without loved ones permanently. My situation is only temporary.



And the packages really were perfectly wrapped!


When we signed up for the exchange, we could choose what level of gifting we wanted. 
I was in the 1-2 books plus gifts category :) 
Everyone was able to link a book wishlist to their secret santa. 
I was hopeful for a Ruta Sepetys book because I have recently fallen in love with her writing.
I read all her books and now want to own copies for re-reading :)


Girl on the Train was another hopeful.
This book is just too darn popular to get from a library. 
I stopped trying after being on the waitlist for several weeks.
But now it's mine and I can read it whenever I want :)


My additional gifts included lots of bookmarks and chocolate.
I don't have one sturdy bookmark. 
I just use torn paper and bulk mailings. 
I can't be alone, right?


But not anymore, I now own 3 bookmarks that won't go missing so easily.
Unless, my teenager takes them from me. You know she loves to steal all my good stuff. And she was already telling me how perfect the moon bookmark was...for her 😒

Nicole
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love the idea if it.
    And Between Shades of Gray has been on my TBR list for years...
    I read GOTT when it first came out and I really liked it. Then I read that other people didn't, but hey, I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you with loving Ruta Sepetys! You definitely got a great gift from your Secret Santa, and that's awesome that now you don't have to wait for The Girl On The Train anymore! I hope that you love it!

    ReplyDelete